3.21.2010

"Guys, we can still leave" "But we already ate their bread..."

Remember how we got a blog and now we don't ever update?? Ah, I know, maybe someday we will be better at this whole thing. Things have been going so well lately! Earlier this month we were able to drive down to Las Vegas for Jordi's wedding!!

It was perfect because we got to hang out with the Nielson side one day and the next day was the Sterling side! It was great.

Friday, Trevor mostly studied for his tests (which he did amazingly well on) so I got to play with my fam! I went over to see Jackson first thing because I'm obsessed as I'm sure you know. He is the sweetest thing ever and we actually got to steal him for the whole day! We got food and had a picnic with my sisters in the school parking lot. It was great, my sisters are THE BEST! OH, good news, Katie got into BYU!!!! I am SOOOOO excited to have her here in P-town with me. It's going to be great. Anywho, back to Friday. So we then went to lunch (we didn't eat at the picnic) with my parents and Jackson. It was fun to have the parentals all to ourselves. We then went home and as soon as the girls got home we did what the Nielson girls do best: SHOPPING!! I needed a belt for the wedding and we also went to look at prom dresses for my sister. It was so fun. That night we had a big dinner with all the siblings, my uncle Scott and Katie's boyfriend, Kylie. I love having a million people at the dinner table where we just tell stories and laugh until we cry. After dinner, we went to what we like to call "Park 2000", a beloved Nielson tradition. You see, Park 2000 is right across the street from the McCarran airport runway. So you hang out on the grass and watch airplanes fly right over you. Nothing beats it. We sit in the back of the truck, guess which airplane is coming next and listen to the scanner. Jackson did surprisingly well and really liked the airplanes. What a great day, spending time with fam in the hometown, there is nothing like it.

On Saturday we were up and at 'em getting ready for the wedding and the day. We are driving to the temple and I realize I don't have my recommend, I swear you cannot have a Mormon wedding unless someone forgets their recommend. Well, all worked out, we got a hold of the Bishop who let the temple know that I am allowed!! Hahaha, it was a beautiful sealing, very special since Trevor and I were sealed in the SAME place by the SAME sealer! Cool, huh. Jordi and Ashlie are so cute and their wedding was great. My shoes were insanely tall so I mostly sat on a bench with Roger as we watched them take a bunch of pictures.

After the temple stuff was done, we headed back to Trev's mom and dad's hotel so they can check in and then go to help set up the reception. I love decorating and setting up events so it was fun to help with the reception. We didn't do much haha but we tied a couple bows and got the centerpieces all set up. After this set up session, we were getting hungry, remember how I didn't mention lunch?? It was about 4 so we drove around looking for a place to get some grub. Trevor saw a Seafood place that looked good so we go in and I think Trev almost walked out because of the prices. It wasn't outrageous by any means but definitely more than Trev likes to pay hahaha. Anyways, it was a great dinner, once again, another awesome chance to have the parentals all to ourselves. They are the best, so fun. After dinner we headed back to the reception and danced the night away. Uncle Greg mostly just ate the chocolate covered popcorn but McKenna was going crazy on the dance floor!! Trevor somehow managed to get Roger dancing and it was so fun. I LOVE dancing with Trevvy, he is a lot of fun and pretty cute if I do say so myself! We had to leave right after the reception to meet an old friend of mine that I haven't seen in forever! It was great to reconnect and meet her cute fiance! We even got to enjoy YogurtLand, yummmm. It was kinda weird too because the last time Trevor and I went to YogurtLand, it was right after our wedding reception. Good, good times. :)

Things are going well now, the semester is almost over and Trevor is going crazy with all the March Madness, with basketball on all day every day, you'd think Trevor had died and gone to heaven! He's so cute. We will be moving at the end of the semester because our landlords are selling our apt so we are looking around for places to live and trying to put off the inevitable packing.

Did you really just read that whole post? Wow, way to go. If I could give you a hug I would. The rest of March should be great, so in the words of my Jamaican husband, "Big up yourself".

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh!!! I'm so glad that you guys had such a great time. Thanks for coming to visit us!!!

    ReplyDelete